Friday 17 June 2011

The Unearthly Child Returns...

This artwork is identical to the very first Time Team except David Tennant replaces William Hartnell . I was trying to think of an original idea for a piece of art for a charity auction and this image popped into my head! It was an interesting exercise to revisit a style of drawing I'd not done for years again. Memories flooded back of that first call from Gary Gillatt ( then editor) asking if I'd be interested in illustrating a new feature for the magazine. The money's not good he said ( 40 quid) but it will be 7 years worth of work! So right he was and more. At the time I was driving a van delivering newspapers in the day and drawing what little jobs I could get. This was a creative lifeline that I'll never forget - so thanks Gary.



A

2 comments:

  1. Pure nerd bait - I love it!

    Did you see this made the Ancient and Forever blog? http://ancientforever.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I didn't. Thanks for letting me know.

    A

    ReplyDelete